Monday, January 11, 2010

Ed Week: Whiteboards Impact on Teaching Seen as Uneven

The story is here.

On the con side: Whiteboards are expensive, so is the training for teachers, and many teachers never use it.

On the pro side: If you use one enough, it greatly enhances the way lessons are taught in a classroom.

For the record, I used a Whiteboard/SMART Board during my student teaching, and was greatly spoiled by it. In my classroom now, I use a good-old chalk board. Because of the likely budget cuts, it doesn't look like I will be using a SMART Board anytime soon. For those teachers that have a SMART Board, and don't really use it, I have this to say:

COME ON! Do you have any idea how lucky you are to have that piece of technology in your own room? If you won't use it, give it to teachers that will (like me).

No comments:

Post a Comment